Go to Japanese page.
Special Entrance Examination
Course in Biogeochemistry will carry out the entrance examination for Master’s course with ONLINE examination. English Proficiency will be evaluated by either submission of the score sheets or ONLINE English test.Please refer to the information provided by Graduate School of Environmental Science (LINK) as well. Examination topics will be given as usual year, which has been used for entrance examinations in our course, and if you would like to refer to the past examination topics, please email irino [at] ees.hokudai.ac.jp for the information.
Special Entrance Examination for Course in Biogeochemistry
Special Entrance Examination: Master's Course
Basic academic skills examination: For English examination, either submission of the score sheets or ONLINE English test (November 18 in the morning) will be conducted.
# For the written examination on the examination topics, examination will be conducted as an ONLINE oral presentation (November 18 in the afternoon).
Submission of English score sheets:
1. "Required Documents for All Divisions" on pages 3-4 of Guidelines for Applicants
2. TOEFL,TOEIC or IELTS Score Sheets (only for those who can submit)
* For only this Entrance Examination, tests conducted 2 years before the Examination date are also accepted.
* For only this Entrance Examination, TOEFL-iBT Special Home Edition，TOEFL-ITP，TOEIC SW，TOEIC IP are also accepted. (TOEIC BRIDGE and TOEIC Speaking are not accepted).
* Regarding the submission of the score sheets, refer to “How to Submit” on page 6 of Guidelines for Applicants.
* However, note that the score sheets of the tests conducted 2 years before the Examination date might not be reissued. In that case, submit the original score sheets that you have.
* If you will take the coming external language tests in near future but cannot submit the score sheets by October 23, you may send the score sheets to the head of Course in Biogeochemistry (atsukos [at] ees.hokudai.ac.jp) by email no later than November 11.
* In case that the score sheets are not submitted, your English Proficiency will be evaluated by ONLINE English examination. Please refer to the URL above for further details.
Examination topics: Topics and related questions will be given in advance.
* We will send them on November 2.
* The written answers to the questions will be submitted before November 17 at 12:00 one day before the examination day.
* The oral presentation and Q&A about the topics will be conducted on November 18 afternoon.
Documents describing your motivation for application (approximately 300 to 600 words in total) :
* Should be submitted together with the written answers to the examination topics before November 17 at 12:00 to the head of Course in Biogeochemistry (atsukos [at] ees.hokudai.ac.jp) by email.
ONLINE oral examination: ONLINE oral presentation and Q&A about the examination topics, followed by Q&A about the motivation for application will be conducted on November 18 in the afternoon (approximately 30 minutes in total).
# For inquiries, please contact the head of Course in Biogeochemistry (atsukos [at] ees.hokudai.ac.jp).
Go to Japanese page.